Energy Management reveals its best-practice approach to installing EV (Electric Vehicle) charging points on your premises.
Revolution of EVs
The climate emergency declared by Parliament earlier this year has placed a further onus on the UK’s business community to reduce its carbon emissions.
Businesses can help drive down carbon use by encouraging employees to use EVs on their commute to work, but without enough charging points on-site, this goal is hard to achieve.
Prominent people in the energy industry are now calling on companies to lobby for more EV charging points for its employees as a result.
If successful, this will open up a host of challenges which may be new to the business concerned but not to us at Energy Management.
Energy Management has expert knowledge in this sector and can guide you through the whole process and the revolution of EVs.
Here’s our four-step approach to making the switch as pain-free as possible.
1. Initial scoping
We work with you to establish initial requirements.
- Understanding of physical limitations of the site
- Distribution Network Operator (DNO) enquiries
- Establish current site loading
- Evaluate green credentials
2. Plan of action
Energy Management collates, analyses and presents the best options available.
- Liaise with the DNO and obtain costings for necessary upgrades
- Review DNO proposals
- High Voltage or Low Voltage point of connection
- Remain flexible on approach as schemes can often change
How we manage the installation process:
- Ongoing liaison with DNO or ICP to completion of works.
- Partnering with SSE Contracting to deliver any high voltage/low voltage projects
- Partnering with Energy Metering Technology to provide complete AM&T packages
- Fiscal metering MOP contracts and installation
- Procurement of competitive supply contracts
4. Innovative solutions
Our expertise enables us to meet any challenges head-on, such as those below:
- Battery storage
For more information on how Energy Management can help your business engage with EV charging, contact a member of the team on 01225-867722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Request a callback
For all enquiries related to this article, or any of our services, call us on 01225 867722 or use the form below to arrange a callback.