With our team of vastly experienced Chartered Engineers and Energy Consultants, we can provide the complete engineering service.
We liaise directly with customers and utility companies (gas, water and electricity) to ensure customers’ requirements are met in the most effective and efficient way.
- Capacity enquiries; confirmation of existing ASC values, requesting increases, requesting decreases.
- Disconnections; requesting removal of existing meters and securing quotations for the permanent or temporary disconnection and de energisation of the electricity, gas or water supply.
- New connections and supply upgrades; complete the relevant DNO application forms liaising with the customers to ensure applications are 100% accurate from Day 1, therefore minimising exposure to delays later in the application process. Work closely with the DNO, Energy Supplier and Meter Operator to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Meter installations and removals; liaise with Energy Suppliers, Meter Operators and Meter Asset Managers to obtain quotations and oversee the project to satisfactory conclusion.
In addition the Energy Management team ensure that any of the above changes to your gas, electricity or water connections are reported to the relevant suppliers promptly to ensure continued accuracy of monthly/quarterly invoicing.
Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme
Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS) applies to large UK undertakings and their corporate groups. It requires businesses, not-for-profit bodies and any other non-public sector undertakings with over 250 employees to undertake an energy audit.
ESOS Phase 2 Deadlines
December 31st 2018 - Qualification date for compliance.
December 5th 2019 - Proof of compliance (covering the period from December 6th 2015 to December 5th 2019).
Energy Efficiency Projects
We can provide suitably qualified energy managers to work within your organisation on a part-time or full-time basis or support an existing in-house energy manager to help deliver your energy efficiency projects.
- Renewable sustainable energy
- DSR (Demand Side Response)
- Emerging technologies
- Sub-metering complete with reporting software
Mandatory Energy Efficiency Surveys/Reports
ESOS Compliance – A survey of energy savings opportunities
- DEC – A legal requirement for all business premises occupied by a public authority
- EPC – A legal requirement for all business premises which are being sold or to let
- TM44 – Applies to air conditioning units with an output of over 12KW
More bespoke energy efficiency surveys can also be undertaken to cover any operational aspect a client may wish to review.
Legislation, Compliance and Incentives
In a rapidly changing legislative landscape it’s becoming easier to overlook compliance!
We can help clients in the following areas:
- ISO 50001 Management tool
- Ongoing compliance in the final year of the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Ongoing compliance with Climate Change Agreements (CCA)
- Establish “Min/Met” exemption
- Completion and submission of HMRC forms PP10/PP11s
- Review of Energy Intensive Industries (EII) legislation and monitor impending changes
- Greenhouse Gas review – it is a PLC requirement to disclose greenhouse gas emissions
It is very reassuring to know that their systems make sure that critical dates for decisions and/or action are not missed.
Penny Hope, Deputy Bursar (Finance), The King’s School, Worcester