With our team of vastly experienced Chartered Engineers and Energy Consultants, we can provide the complete engineering service.
With our Utility Management service we liaise directly with customers and utility companies (gas, water and electricity) to ensure customers’ requirements are met in the most effective and efficient way.
- Capacity enquiries; confirmation of existing ASC values, requesting increases, requesting decreases.
- Disconnections; requesting removal of existing meters and securing quotations for the permanent or temporary disconnection and de energisation of the electricity, gas or water supply.
- New connections and supply upgrades; complete the relevant DNO application forms liaising with the customers to ensure applications are 100% accurate from Day 1, therefore minimising exposure to delays later in the application process. Work closely with the DNO, Energy Supplier and Meter Operator to ensure projects are delivered in a timely manner.
- Meter installations and removals; liaise with Energy Suppliers, Meter Operators and Meter Asset Managers to obtain quotations and oversee the project to satisfactory conclusion.
In addition the Energy Management team ensure that any of the above changes to your gas, electricity or water connections are reported to the relevant suppliers promptly to ensure continued accuracy of monthly/quarterly invoicing.
Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme
With a deadline of 5th December 2023, ESOS is now in Phase 3 and applies to businesses with a turnover greater than or equal to €50,000,000 and a balance sheet of €43,000,000.
ESOS Phase 3 Deadlines
December 5th 2023
Energy Efficiency Projects
We can provide suitably qualified energy managers to work within your organisation on a part-time or full-time basis or support an existing in-house energy manager to help deliver your company energy efficiency projects.
- Renewable sustainable energy
- DSR (Demand Side Response)
- Emerging technologies
- Sub-metering complete with reporting software
Mandatory Energy Efficiency Surveys/Reports
ESOS Phase 3 Compliance – A survey of energy savings opportunities
- DEC Certification – A legal requirement for all business premises occupied by a public authority
- EPC Certification – A legal requirement for all business premises which are being sold or to let
- TM44 Certification – Applies to air conditioning units with an output of over 12KW
More bespoke energy efficiency surveys can also be undertaken to cover any operational aspect a client may wish to review.
Legislation, Compliance and Incentives
In a rapidly changing legislative landscape it’s becoming easier to overlook compliance!
We can help clients in the following areas:
- ISO 50001 Management tool
- Ongoing compliance in the final year of the Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Ongoing compliance with Climate Change Agreements (CCA)
- Establish “Min/Met” exemption
- Completion and submission of HMRC forms PP10/PP11s
- Review of Energy Intensive Industries (EII) legislation and monitor impending changes
- Greenhouse Gas review – it is a PLC requirement to disclose greenhouse gas emissions
It is very reassuring to know that their systems make sure that critical dates for decisions and/or action are not missed.
Penny Hope, Deputy Bursar (Finance), The King’s School, Worcester
Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting (SECR)
As of April 1st 2019, Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting (SECR) commenced, with the aim of simplifying carbon and energy reporting and promoting energy efficiency. SECR requires businesses to publish all energy and transport consumption and carbon emissions information.
Try our SECR Checker Tool
Answer a couple of quick questions and we'll be able to tell you if your company needs to comply with SECR.
Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Installation
EV Infrastructure Installation
EV’s have been around for some time but only in the past 12 months have we seen this market explode. UK government’s commitment to Net Zero Carbon emissions and improvements in Battery tech allowing even faster charging of EV have opened up many doubters’ eyes over the viability of EV’s. There is no doubt this is the future for road vehicles based on today’s thinking.