Leading document management services provider, Restore, is running an internal energy-saving competition after teaming up with Energy Management.
Energy is one of the largest controllable overheads in commercial buildings which means there are many opportunities to make savings.
As an environmentally friendly company keen to cut its energy bills, Restore PLC has teamed up with Energy Management to deliver a scheme which aims to reduce energy consumption across their entire UK operation.
Using some of the methods listed below, each of Restore’s 50 plus sites will compete against each other to see which one can achieve the largest drop in measurable consumption over a rolling three-month period.
Energy saving tips
- Shutdown your computer out of office hours – you could save up to £50 a year per computer shut down
- Be aware of your surroundings – if you think something needs to change, raise it with senior staff
- Unplug idle electronics – it is estimated that energy consumed by idle electronics amounts to the annual output of 12 power stations
- Use air conditioning sparingly
- Turn off the lights when not in use
- Only boil the water you need when making your team a cuppa
If your company would like to adopt a similar challenge or needs an energy audit conducting by a certified member of our team, please get in touch on 01225-867722
Request a callback
For all enquiries related to this article, or any of our services, call us on 01225 867722 or use the form below to arrange a callback.